After checking out The Alamo and some other sites, we headed over to the restaurant only to find it that it was closed due to a fire. The restaurant reopened and we weren’t going to miss the opportunity to stop by on our recent trip this year.Chris Madrid’s is known for it’s burgers and it was tough to decide what to order.
After some debate, I settled on the Cheddar Cheezy, a burger topped with melted cheddar cheese with mustard, lettuce, tomato, onions & pickles. (I had them leave off the tomatoes & pickles.)
Besides the kind of burger you’d like, you also need to decide on the size, Regular (1/4 lb for $9.75) or Macho (1/2 lb for $11.75). I went with the regular which was pretty massive.Look at this beautiful masterpiece with that cheddar cheese skirt oozing out all around!It was tough to decide how to tackle this bad boy but I will say that it did involve a lot of napkins! 🙂
Before digging in, I had to get a photo of this masterpiece with this incredible cheese pull!
I’d definitely head back to Chris Madrid’s if I find myself in San Antonio again.
Chris Madrid’s is located at 1900 Blanco Rd., San Antonio, TX 78212. The restaurant is closed on Sundays.
Related Burger Posts:
- Louis Lunch- Birthplace of the Hamburger- New Haven, CT
- Heavy Metal Burgers at Kuma’s Corner
- A Great TV Find: Jimmy’s Diner- Brooklyn, NY
- 5 Bizarre Burgers That I’ve Tried
- A Burger Worth Waiting For: Holeman & Finch- Atlanta, GA
- A Burger Masterpiece: Husk, Charleston
- Newark Airport Food Review: Custom Burgers
- A Deli-cious Burger at The General Muir
- Daily Meal’s 101 Best Burgers in America
- A Delicious Award Winning Burger & More at VB3- Jersey City, NJ
- Classic Burgers at the All-American Drive-In
- Is This the Best Burger in Cuba?
- Food Review: Shake Shack’s Bacon CheddarSHACK
- The Amazing French Onion Soup Burger at Le Rivage NYC
- I Won’t Be Making A Habit of Dining At The Habit Burger Grill
- Did Lucas & I Conquer Big Jud’s 1lb Burger in Boise
- The Workingman’s Friend, An Odd But Tasty Burger Experience
- The Awesome Off-Menu Burger at American Cut Tribeca, NYC
- Historic Burger Sliders at White Mana in Jersey City
- You’ll Dig Dining at Mister Dips- Brooklyn, NY
- The Awesome French Onion Soup Burger at Little Prince NYC
- What Should You Order At Salvation Burger NYC?
- Pass On The Steak, Head To Peter Luger For Their Amazing Burger
- You NEED To Try The Big Macher Burger at Mile End Deli
- Bigger Isn’t Always Better, The Cheeseburger at Jackson Hole- Queens, NY
- Food Review: The Cheeseburger At Keens Steakhouse
- Food Review: The Cheeseburger (& Wings) at Old Town Bar in NYC
- Trying The Top Rated Burger In America At Au Cheval NYC
- Disappointing Bacon Cheeseburger From The Little Owl- Once Considered Best In World
- The Best New Burger In NYC Is Served At… Red Hook Tavern
- Food Review: The Burger & Wings From Teddy’s Bar & Grill- Brooklyn, NY
- Awesome Steamed Cheeseburgers at Ted’s Restaurant in Meriden, CT!
- Food Review: Delicious Greasy Cheeseburgers From Dyer’s In Memphis!
- Step Back In Time At Hildebrandt’s In Williston Park, NY!