One trip report down, another to go. When school wrapped up and summer started, the first thing I did was hop on a plain to Africa. This was definitely one of the most adventurous trips I have gone on (and the only one requiring shots), so I am excited to share my experience.
Despite planning the trip at a relatively last minute (for me), I was able to book quite a few stays and flights that I was very excited about. Unfortunately, not everything went as planned, things were canceled, and last minute changes were made.
This trip report includes the highs and the lows of what was my unforgettable and amazing trip around East Africa this May including a safari in Kenya, the beach in Zanzibar, hiking Mt. Kilimanjaro, and exploring Addis Ababa.
Undeniably, this is going to be my largest trip report to date given the length of the trip and how much ground I covered. The report will include the following:
- My Comically Bad Luck Flying to Africa
- No More Lufthansa Upper Deck: Downgrade Story
- Lufthansa Senator Lounge IAD Review
- Lufthansa Business Class Lounge IAD Review
- Flight Review: Lufthansa B747-8 Economy IAD-FRA
- My First Flight on a Queen: My Thoughts
- Flight Review: Lufthansa A330 Business Class FRA-NBO
- Hotel Review: DoubleTree Nairobi
- Flight Review: Air Kenya to Keekorok Air Kenya
- Hotel Review: JW Marriott Masai Mara
- Is the JW Marriott Worth $3k a Night?
- Lounge Review: Aspire Lounge NBO
- Flight Review: Kenya Airways NBO-ZNZ
- Exploring Zanzibar: My Thoughts
- Airline Nightmare: Delayed in Tanzania
- Flight Review: Air Tanzania ZNZ-ARU
- Mt. Kilimanjaro Hike: My Thoughts
- Exploring Moshi, Tanzania: What Everyone Gets Wrong
- Lounge Review: Aspire Lounge JRO
- Weirdest Flight Delay I Have Ever Had…
- Hotel Review: Hyatt Regency Addis Ababa Executive Regency Suite
- Exploring Addis Ababa: My Thoughts
- Lounge Review: Ethiopian Business Class Lounge Addis Ababa
- Flight Review: Ethiopian B787-8 Business Class ADD-IAD
- Is an 18 hour flight too long?
The Last Point
While this is a long Africa trip report, some of my adventures, such as my stay at the JW Marriott Masai Mara, were truly outstanding and I cannot wait to share more. My goal is to finish up this report before the end of June. If there are any other topics you want me to cover, comment below!