Traveling throughout Asia has always been one of my biggest travel dreams. With such an incredible mix of foods, cultures, and landmarks, it is difficult not to want to travel to this region of the world. So, when a friend asked me late last year if I wanted to spend a few weeks traveling with him throughout both S.E. Asia and Japan, I instantly said yes. This is my Asia Trip Report.
One partial reason for picking both the trip and dates we did was because I found availability to fly ANA First Class from Tokyo Narita (NRT) to Chicago Ohare (ORD) in mid-June. With this end in mind, we knew we needed to end in Japan.
After everything was planned out and booked, our trip started in Singapore, where I could visit a good friend, followed by hotel hopping in Bali, which worked out very well, thanks to Bilt’s Rent Day status challenge. After Bali, we spent time in Bangkok before using a rail pass to travel throughout Japan.
Asia Trip Report Articles
Given that this was nearly a 3-week trip, this will also be my longest trip report to date, and I look forward to sharing my experiences as a 19-year-old traveler throughout S.E. Asia and Japan.
The Asia trip report articles likely include:
- Review: Turkish Airlines Business Class Lounge IAD
- Review: Etihad B787-9 First Class IAD-AUH
- My Lucky Day: Free Upgrade to Etihad $10,000 First Class
- Review: Etihad First Class Lounge Abu Dhabi AUH
- Review: Etihad B787-10 Business Class AUH-SIN
- Is First Class on Etihad Worth It?
- Booking 21 Hours in Business Class for $45: My Best Redemption Yet!
- Wandering Singapore: My Thoughts
- Exploring the Jewel at Changi: My Thoughts
- Review: Plaza Premium Lounge Singapore (SIN)
- Review: Air Asia SIN-DPS A320
- Review: Hyatt Regency Bali Deluxe Room
- Review: Alila Ubud Deluxe Room
- Review: Alila Seminyak Studio
- How I Saved 20,000 Hyatt Points Per Night
- Bali in 2023: Does it Live Up to the Hype?
- Review: Singapore Airlines Economy Class
- Review: Hyatt Place Bangkok Sukhumvit
- Luxury For Cheap: Category 1 Hyatt Hotels
- Exploring Bangkok: My Thoughts
- Review: Japan Airlines Sakura Lounge Bangkok (BKK)
- Review: Japan Airlines B777-300er Business Class BKK-HND
- Review: Japan Airlines Domestic Sakura Lounge HND
- Review: Japan Airlines Domestic Business Class Experience
- Review: Moxy Osaka Shin Umeda
- Visiting Hiroshima: My Thoughts
- Trains in Japan: My Thoughts
- Traditional Townhouse Kyoto: My Thoughts
- Hiking to the Top of Fushimi Inari in Kyoto
- Review: Capsule Hotel Experience in Tokyo
- Watching Baseball in Japan: My Thoughts
- Review: ANA First Class Lounge Tokyo Narita (NRT)
- The Best Flight of My Life: ANA First Class NRT-ORD Review
- Craziest Travel Turn Around: From Capsule Hotel to ANA First Class
- No Lounge on a $13,000 First Class Ticket?!?
- Booking a $13,000 First Class Ticket for 47,000 Points
The Last Point
It is undoubtedly one long trip report, but from a capsule hotel to ANA and Etihad First Class, it was an incredible trip I could not wait to share. In terms of redemptions, this is the most points I have ever used for one trip, and at the same time, this, in terms of value, was the most expensive trip I would have ever been on.
Let me know in the comments if there is anything you would like me to specifically cover in this S.E. Asia trip report for any of the articles listed or any other related topic.